Midlands Youth Apprenticeship Program
What is the Midlands Youth Apprenticeship (MYA) program?
The Midlands Youth Apprenticeship (MYA) is a program designed to help create a talent pipeline for area businesses while creating a viable workplace path for students after high school. It is enhanced by a partnership with Midlands Technical College. Students involved in the Youth Apprenticeship Program take normal high school classes while simultaneously attending Midlands Technical College two to three days a week in dual enrollment classes. At the end of a two-year program, students will have earned a high school diploma, certification in a specific field from Midlands Tech, credentialing from the U.S. Department of Labor, and two years of paid work experience. The businesses who participate in this program will have created a worker who is ready on Day One to work in the specialized positions that their company requires.
The MYA program fulfills a need expressed by businesses for skilled workers and equips a high school student with a job that can provide a solid and stable foundation upon which to build a prosperous life. MYA creates a talent pipeline for area businesses while creating a viable workplace path for students after high school. Your donation enables the Chamber to continue to enroll students in this program which in turn creates workers for the future.
All donations are tax-deductible.
Signing Day Sponsor: $2,500 - Exclusive Annually
- Exclusive recognition as the Signing Day Sponsor
- Company name to follow event title in media references (i.e. Presented By: Company Name)
- Opportunity to provide welcome at Signing Day event
- Opportunity to have a spotlight article in eNewsletter
- Rotating advertisement on Chamber’s website for full year of sponsorship
- Opportunity to display pop-up banner at event
- Recognition by Chamber staff during event
- First right of renewal to sponsor at this level for 2021 (deadline applies: July 1, 2020)