Blood, Shred & Beers
Date August 23, 2019
Steel Hands Brewing - 2350 Foreman St. Cayce, SC
Come spend your Friday afternoon with us at Steel Hands Brewing for a complimentary Shred Day provided by Shred Monkeys and American Red Cross Blood Drive. This event is open to the public so bring your coworkers, family, and friends to enjoy local vendors, clean out files, and donate blood. Get discounts for blood donation from Steel Hands as well as our other vendors. We will see you there!
Make a Blood Donation Appointment: www.redcrossblood.org
- The Red Cross is facing an emergency need for blood after a significant shortfall in blood donations during the holiday week and ongoing challenges finding new blood donors.
- With fewer blood donors and blood drives as individuals across the country enjoyed vacations, there is now an emergency need for blood donors to help ensure hospital needs are met.
- More than 450 fewer blood drives were held the week of July Fourth than an average week, which led to about 17,000 fewer blood donations than needed for patients.
- AAA reported that nearly 49 million Americans – the highest recorded number – took trips during this period, potentially making donors less available to give during the busy holiday week.
- Right now, the Red Cross has less than a three-day supply of most blood types available – and less than a two-day supply of type O blood.
- Blood donations are currently being distributed to hospitals faster than donations are coming in. More donations are needed now to replenish the supply.
- Blood transfusion is the fourth most common inpatient hospital procedure, and these blood products can only come from volunteer donors. Yet, only three out of 100 people in the U.S. give blood.